Delicious Chicken Pot Pi
Fabulous !! This Chicken Pot Pie is one of my husband’s favorites and he had been asking for this for weeks. The combination of ingredients makes you feel all warm as fuzzy. Perfect for kitchen dumbos like me lol.
YOU’LL NEED :
– 1 cup of diced potato
– 1 cup of diced onion
– 1 cup of diced celery
– 1 cup of diced carrot
– 1/3 cup of margarine, melted
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup half-and-half
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
– 4 cups of cooked and chopped chicken
– 2 pie crusts (Either store bought or your own recipe; as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F then saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes together in margarine for about 10 minutes.
2. Next, add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
3. Then combine broth and half and half and make sure to stir gradually into vegetable mixture.
4. Now, please cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Immediately stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
5. Pick 2 quart casserole dish and pour into shallow and top with pie shells.
6. Once done, bake until crust is golden and flaky, about 30 to 40 minutes