Roasted Garlic Salmon Kabobs Recipe
- 550 grams salmon fillet 1.2 pounds (2 medium sized fillets)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the marinade
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder/ cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 onions cubed, with segments separated
- 1 cup red bell pepper cubed
- 1 cup green bell pepper cubed
- coriander leaves/cilantro for garnishing
Clean the salmon and chop into 1-1/2 inch cubes. Dice the onions and bell peppers into 1 inch cubes.
Season the salmon with salt, pepper and lime juice. Keep aside for 5 minutes while you prepare the marinade.
Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl.
Add the marinade to the salmon and mix well.
Toss the cubed onions and peppers along with salmon and mix well. Let them marinate for 10 minutes. (note1)
Preheat the oven to 120°C/ 250°F.
Thread the salmon with the vegetables onto the skewers as shown.
Arrange the skewers on a baking tray or sheet pan and place in the middle rack of the oven. (remember to line the dish with baking paper to catch the drippings so that cleaning up becomes easier)
Bake for 15 minutes. Check for doneness using a fork to push through the flesh. The salmon kabab should still be pink but should flake easily.
Drizzle some lime juice, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy!