1.mix the water , yeast ,and sugar in a bowl . Wait 10 minute for the mixture to bloom.
2. After 10 minutes add all the other ingredients l,only 3 1/4 cups of flour though .
3. Once the mixture starts coming together and has a more clumpy texture , flip it into a flour surface. Knead for about 5 minutes, you can add more flour to help with the dough sticking to the surface
4. After 5 minutes of kneading you want your dough to be slightly tacky, but firm .
5. Grease a large bowl and place your dough into the bowl.cover for 2 1/2 hours.
6. After a couple hours your dough should be more than double in size .
7.grease a sheet pan and form the dough into 2 oz balls
8. For the crust I cream everything together , you can add extracts to your liking.for examples ,on the pistachio crust I add Two teaspoons of pistachio extract, and I add chopped pistachios.
9.i use a bottle spray to spray water over the conchas.this will help the crust to stay on and helps the conchas get a nice brown color. When applying the crust I like to pat it down into the dough until almost flat
10.once each concha has the crust,I use my concha stencil to mark each one. I let my oven preheat and I let me conchas proof for 20 minutes before baking them
11.i bake my conchas at 350 for about 10 minutes or just until golden brown .