Corn and Jalapeno Chicken
- 14 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 medium jalapeños, sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken with the chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin until the chicken is coated with the spices.
Add the flour to a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in the flour, and coat both sides.
Heat 2 1/2 Tbsp oil in a cast iron skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp oil on the skillet and cook the corn, jalapeños and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and pour on the lime juice and water. Cook for around 2-3 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese and broil on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.